Optimal Care Pathway
Optimal Cancer Care Pathways for Head and Neck Cancers - June 2021
The optimal cancer care pathways describe the optimal cancer care for specific cancer types. They map the patient journey and its distinct components to promote quality cancer care and patient experiences. The resources identify specific steps, or critical points along the care pathway and the recommended care at each point.
The pathways have been endorsed by Cancer Australia and Cancer Council Australia.
Optimal Care Pathway for People with Head a Neck Cancer - Quick Reference Guide
Head and Neck Cancer Guide for Patients
A lot can happen in a hurry when someone is diagnosed with cancer. The Head and Neck Cancer guide developed by Cancer Council Australia can help patients make sense of what should happen. They help patients with what questions to ask their health professionals to make sure they receive the best care at every step. Refer patients to the Head and Neck Cancer guide here.
For General Practitioners and Practice Managers
To support you, your practice, and your patients, you can:
- Refer newly diagnosed head and neck cancer patients to Cancer Pathways – Head & Neck Cancer
and print and provide them with a copy of the head and neck cancer stream 'what to expect' consumer guides.
- Import the GP quick reference guides and consumer version PDFs into your GP software
- Clinical Oncology Society of Australia (COSA), Evidence based practice guidelines for the nutritional management of adult patients with head and neck cancer
- European Society for Medical Oncology, Clinical practice guidelines: head and neck cancers
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network (US), Clinical practice guidelines in oncology: head and neck cancers