MDT Contact Details
Head and Neck Multidisciplinary Teams (MDT) decide on the best treatment for a person with Head and Neck Cancer and help them regain the best function possible in the long-term.
For a summary of all MDTs and their contact details in Australia and New Zealand visit the Australian and New Zealand Head and Neck Cancer Society website. List of all MDTs.
For patients, MDT care improves:
- Survival rates
- Efficient and timely progression from diagnosis to treatment
- Care in accordance with clinical practice guidelines
- Access to more ‘whole of patient’ care with expert input from a number of highly trained specialists and allied health professionals
- Information access
- Opportunity for second opinions
- Access to research trials.
For clinicians, MDT practice:
- Reduces service duplication
- Streamlines management pathways
- Enhances communication and co-ordination
- Provides educational opportunities
- Improves patient outcomes
- Increases research opportunities
- Provides support where decision-making may be difficult.