Early Signs of Head & Neck Cancer
What can you do to look for early signs of Head and Neck Cancer?
Finding cancer early is important for all cancers. Unfortunately there are no formal screening tests or national screening programs for Head and Neck Cancer. The following signs and symptoms are common for many types of Head and Neck Cancer:
- A neck lump
- A lump or sore that does not heal
- A red or white patch in the mouth
- Swelling, bleeding, pain or numbness in the face or within the mouth
- Trouble speaking
- Hoarse voice
- Difficulty chewing or swallowing
- A sore throat that doesn't get better after a week or two
- Ear pain that doesn't go away
You know your own body better than anyone else. If you think that something isn’t right or if you have any of these signs or symptoms for three weeks speak with your doctor or dentist.
Our impact in 2022
New website visitors in 2022
Information sheets downloaded.